Unmanned Weapons Will Save Innocent Lives in War
Unflappable and expendable, unmanned weapons could reduce collateral damage in war, if only U.S. leaders realized it, says a former commander of U.S. Special...
Drones and planes need new weapons and sensors
By Todd South More options and less strain on humans are key to modernizing fixed-wing systems for U.S. Special Operations Command, according to the program executive officer...
Evacuating Sudan: An amphibious gap and missed opportunity
By Adm. James G. Foggo (ret.) NEO stands for noncombatant evacuation operation, and we are seeing one unfold before our eyes on the evening news this week. As these events...
Wargaming climate change: Who plays for the Red Team?
By SHARON BURKE AND ANDREA H. CAMERON The U.S. Department of Defense spends many millions of dollars on wargaming every year. For anyone who has participated in such games,...
The needs of polar fleet to deter Arctic aggression
By Sen. Roger Wicker Winter is coming early this year in the Arctic. Last month, a Chinese and Russian joint surface action group came within 75 nautical miles of...
Autonomous ships and vehicles: ‘unmanned’ or ‘uncrewed’?
By Adam James Fenton and Ioannis Chapsos Like “self-driving” cars, autonomous ships are a reality and will likely revolutionize many aspects of shipping and maritime security. With up to 95% of maritime accidents due to...
Bring the Reforger exercises back to Europe
At a summit in Brussels last month, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg announced that the alliance would reinforce its eastern flank by doubling the number of battle...
Russia’s Nuclear Deterrence Strategy – Escalate To De-Escalate
Russia’s military doctrine dictates the use of nuclear weapons in response to any non-nuclear assault on Russian territory. Russia’s military doctrine encompasses a broad range...
Soldier Modernisation: Regulatory Trends
Listed below are the regulatory trends impacting the soldier modernisation theme, as identified by GlobalData. Militaries worldwide are focusing on improving the operational efficiency of...
- IBCS: Powerful battlespace capabilities to bear through the unified C2
- NATO youth Summit
- The Big Tech Spy Hunt
- NATO battlegroup in Estonia: UK troops test rapid reinforcement
- China is Building Killer Robots Using Artificial Intelligence
- NATO Secretary General meets top military commanders
- Unmanned Weapons Will Save Innocent Lives in War
- Javelin Anti-Tank guided missile: A real game-changer
- Satellite image shows WZ-8 supersonic drone at Chinese base
- US Army’s command posts: More mobility and concealment for survival
- US demonstrates readiness to reinforce NATO battlegroup in Poland
- Drones and planes need new weapons and sensors
- US Army looks to wearable devices for new edge
- Lockheed Martin is developing next-generation technology for US missile defense
- US Remains World’s Largest Military Spender by Far